The Terang and District Co-operative has about 3,000 shareholders, who we call our ‘Members’.
Our Members have all bought or earned shares in the business. Not only do they have a say in the direction of the Co-op, they make considerable savings on purchases through a Member Rewards Program. Best of all, they’re actively part of a progressive and innovative community asset.
How to become a Member (shareholder)
- Fill out the Membership Application Form
- You can either buy shares ($50) or earn your shares by accruing 5,000 points from money spent across the businesses.
- Earn points with every purchase at any Co-op store ($1 is equal to 1 point).
- Redeem points at any store.
- Benefit from member specials, deals and double-point purchases.
- Receive voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
- Receive a 10 per cent discount at Terang Fitness & Wellbeing Centre.
- Receive a regular Member newsletter.
The Co-op also has an agreement with WFI Insurance, whereby the Co-op earns a small commission every time a Member takes out insurance. The Co-op rebates the majority of this commission to members in the form of points