The Terang and District Co-operative has about 3,000 shareholders, who we call our ‘Members’.
Our Members have all bought or earned shares in the business. Not only do they have a say in the direction of the Co-op, they make considerable savings on purchases through a Member Rewards Program. Best of all, they’re actively part of a progressive and innovative community asset.
How to become a Member (shareholder)
- Fill out the Membership Application Form
- You can either buy shares ($50) or earn your shares by accruing 5,000 points from money spent across the businesses.
- Earn points with every purchase at any Co-op store.
- Earn 1 cent for every $1 spent.
- Points are redeemable at any of our five stores
- Points can be used to buy vouchers and pay accounts
- Benefit from member specials, deals and double-point purchases.
- Receive voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
- Eligible to elect or nominate members of the Board
- Eligible to stand on the Board of Directors
- Receive a 10 per cent discount at Terang Fitness & Wellbeing Centre.
- Receive a Quarterly Members newsletter.
- Annual dividend of 10% shareholdings, paid in points (depending on profits).
- Free employment relations general advice
- EmploySure Assist program
- IGA online shopping (through Myfoodlink)